- Download Contact
Rachel L. Fiset is a co-founder and managing partner of Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. Rachel’s practice includes varied civil and criminal state and federal litigation, government investigations, regulatory compliance, mediations, appeals and arbitrations. Rachel has achieved outstanding results for Fortune 500 companies, mid-to-small size companies and individuals accused of healthcare fraud, political corruption, bribery, SEC violations, real estate investment fraud, environmental violations, import/export violations, money laundering, copyright infringement and theft of trade secrets. Rachel’s complex civil practice has included favorable settlements and victories in various matters relating to healthcare, telecommunications, social media, energy companies, entertainment, government contracting and finance.
Prior to founding Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP Rachel worked at top international law firms, including Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. Rachel clerked for the Honorable Consuelo B. Marshall, Chief Judge Emeritus of the Central District of California.
Government Investigations / White Collar Criminal Defense
- Represented former Sheriff of Los Angeles accused of crimes relating to obstruction of justice and perjury
- Represented former City Attorney in high-profile L.A. District Attorney investigation into political corruption
- Represented government contractor accused of environmental violations relating to toxic waste storage in Ventura County
- Represented City in SEC litigation relating to alleged fraudulent municipal bond offerings
- Represented seafarer accused of violations related to “oil dumping” by U.S. Attorney’s office
- Represented multiple individuals and entities in investigations by the U.S. Attorney’s office relating to theft of intellectual property
- Represented optical lens manufacturing company in U.S. Attorney investigation into violations of the Export Control Act
- Represented real estate investment firm in L.A. District Attorney investigation into real estate fraud
- Represented individuals and entities in investigations relating to the use of funds at charter schools
- Successful defense at arbitration of high-profile venture capitalist accused of fraud and breach of contract relating to the acquisition of a popular social networking website
- Obtained successful settlements on behalf of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for intellectual property infringement of Oscar©
- Represented hotel industry employees in a high-profile litigation into theft of trade secrets
- Obtained favorable resolution for telecommunications company at international arbitration (ICC)
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of City claiming multiple False Claims Act violations by former developers
- Represented energy company at multiple mediations relating to damages caused by the San Diego wildfires
- Successfully defended appeal brought against a City at the California Court of Appeal
- Represent filming equipment company in breach of contract and fraud case
- Defense of hospital owner accused of wide ranging multi-million dollar kickback scheme
- Represented hospital in City Attorney investigation into “patient dumping”
- Defense of pain management doctor accused of distribution of controlled substances
- Defense of Director of Nursing at skilled nursing facility against charges of elder abuse brought by the Cal. Attorney General
- Obtained denial of writ of certiorari by the Supreme Court of the United States for large non-profit women’s healthcare provider.
- Multiple representations on behalf of hospitals, healthcare companies and healthcare industry professionals accused of False Claims Act violations
- Multiple representations on behalf of pharmacies and other healthcare providers at administrative hearings related to licensing and government payor insurance
- UCLA School of Law, J.D.
- University of Delaware, M.A. – Mass Communication
- Purdue University, B.A. – Telecommunication and Psychology