- Download Contact
An accomplished and powerful litigator, Neha A. Christerna focuses on federal government investigations, complex criminal matters, and white-collar criminal defense.
For over a decade, Neha worked as a trial attorney for the Federal Public Defender in Los Angeles. Neha has defended clients in varied matters ranging from alleged acts of terrorism, RICO violations, fraud, bribery of public officials, drug-trafficking, firearm violations, tax evasion, money laundering, cybercrimes and immigration violations. She successfully first-chaired numerous federal criminal jury trials throughout the Central District, argued at the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal, and avoided capital punishment for clients accused of capital crimes.
During her tenure at the Public Defender’s office, Neha was one of the lead attorneys for a federal drug reentry prison program. She participated in policy making and trainings on the collaborative justice model.
In addition to her legal work, Neha volunteers with Prison-SMART, a stress management and rehabilitative training program for individuals in custody. She prepares coursework, coordinates and teaches stress management and meditation courses in California correctional facilities. Neha is also active with the Boyle Heights Arts Conservatory, a non-profit that provides youth with career training in broadcast journalism and music.
- Represented former federal agent in bribery prosecution
- Represented former police officer in a drug conspiracy prosecution
- Represented a foreign national accused of running an international Ponzi scheme
- Represented an individual prosecuted for receiving illegal federal benefits
- Represented a business owner prosecuted for running a targeted cyberattack web service
- Represented a musician in a prosecution for international charity fraud
- Represented multiple individuals accused of multi-million-dollar mortgage fraud
- California Western School of Law, San Diego
LL.M., Trial Advocacy, Training in Federal Criminal Defense, April 2007
- Loyola Law School, Los Angeles
J.D., May 2006
- University of California, Irvine
B.A., Economics and Sociology