August 30, 2019
Shalini Bhasker is an attorney at Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. She practices with the firm’s Litigation Department working on a variety of white-collar crime and privacy matters. Shalini brings corporate experience as a former Portfolio Strategist and Product Manager with years in pharmaceutical development, clinical research, and technology. Specific responsibilities included vendor management, contract negotiation with companies on Fortune 100, and structuring business strategy recommendations based on the lifespan of products on the market, in the pipeline, and those entering the organization through acquisitions and mergers.
Her experience includes working for a startup on their in-house counsel team where she managed their distribution and licensing agreements with various international vendors. She also worked at an intellectual property law firm on patent, trademarks, and copyrights matters.
- University of California, Berkeley (B.S., Chemistry, 2008)
- Loyola Law School (J.D., 2018)
August 30, 2019
Christie Jee is an attorney at Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. Christie’s current practice includes complex civil litigation, federal government investigations, and white collar criminal defense. Her areas of focus include financial transactions, SEC investigations, import/export violations, and healthcare fraud.
Prior to her work with Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman, Christie worked at several international law firms and the Long Beach City Prosecutor’s Office. As Deputy City Prosecutor, she conducted multiple jury trials with a 100% conviction rate. She also served as an Extern for the Appellate Division of the Los Angeles Superior Court.
Before pursuing her legal career, Christie was a management consultant with Booz Allen Hamilton, with expertise in corporate finance and program management for the Space and Missile Systems Center of the United States Air Force.
- Santa Clara University School of Law (J.D., 2005)
- Cal Poly San Luis Obispo (B.S., International Business Management, 1997)
- Aix-Marseille Université, IEFEE (Certificate, 1996)
- National Advocacy Center, National District Attorneys Association (Trial Advocacy Certificate, 2008)
June 18, 2018
Natasha Gill is an associate at Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. Her practice focuses on complex litigation and government investigations, including experience in intellectual property disputes, employment matters, privacy litigation, healthcare litigation and commercial disputes. Prior to joining ZFC, Natasha was an associate at a national law firm.
- University of Southern California (USC), Gould School of Law (J.D., 2015)
- Pepperdine University (B.A., 2010)
June 18, 2015
Erin Perez-Coleman is a co-founder and partner of Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. Erin has successfully litigated in both state and federal courts. Erin focuses her practice on matters involving complex civil litigation, white collar criminal defense and data security issues. She regularly represents individuals and companies in a wide range of litigation matters including healthcare fraud, political corruption, bribery, SEC violations, government investigations, money laundering, and environmental crimes. Erin’s litigation practice also includes successfully carrying out internet enforcement actions against cybercrime and defending companies in data privacy litigation.
Prior to co-founding Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP, Erin was a senior level associate at national defense firms Arent Fox LLP and Alston & Bird LLP. Erin counseled clients at every stage of litigation, from filing or answering the initial complaint to resolution of the matter.
- Represented client in alleged large-scale customs violations investigation and alleged money laundering scheme
- Represented former Sheriff of Los Angeles accused of crimes relating to obstruction of justice and perjury
- Defended jewelers in counterfeit charges brought by Los Angeles District Attorney’s office
- Defended City in SEC litigation relating to alleged fraudulent municipal bond offering
- Defended seafarer accused of violations related to “oil dumping” by U.S. Attorney’s office
- Multiple representations of political officials in state and federal investigations
- Defended mortgage servicers in defense of foreclosure actions (wrongful foreclosure, violations of the California Homeowner Bill of Rights, HAMP)
- Represented Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft v. John Does) in various injunction proceedings for the seizure of internet domains used to operate illegal botnets
- Represented asylum seeker during removal proceedings resulting in relief under the Convention Against Torture Act before the Immigration Court in Los Angeles
- University of California, Santa Barbara, 2007, High Honors
- Pepperdine University School of Law, 2011
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate, 2011
June 18, 2014
Rachel L. Fiset is a co-founder and managing partner of Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. Rachel’s practice includes varied civil and criminal state and federal litigation, government investigations, regulatory compliance, mediations, appeals and arbitrations. Rachel has achieved outstanding results for Fortune 500 companies, mid-to-small size companies and individuals accused of healthcare fraud, political corruption, bribery, SEC violations, real estate investment fraud, environmental violations, import/export violations, money laundering, copyright infringement and theft of trade secrets. Rachel’s complex civil practice has included favorable settlements and victories in various matters relating to healthcare, telecommunications, social media, energy companies, entertainment, government contracting and finance.
Prior to founding Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP Rachel worked at top international law firms, including Quinn Emanuel Urquhart & Sullivan. Rachel clerked for the Honorable Consuelo B. Marshall, Chief Judge Emeritus of the Central District of California.
Government Investigations / White Collar Criminal Defense
- Represented former Sheriff of Los Angeles accused of crimes relating to obstruction of justice and perjury
- Represented former City Attorney in high-profile L.A. District Attorney investigation into political corruption
- Represented government contractor accused of environmental violations relating to toxic waste storage in Ventura County
- Represented City in SEC litigation relating to alleged fraudulent municipal bond offerings
- Represented seafarer accused of violations related to “oil dumping” by U.S. Attorney’s office
- Represented multiple individuals and entities in investigations by the U.S. Attorney’s office relating to theft of intellectual property
- Represented optical lens manufacturing company in U.S. Attorney investigation into violations of the Export Control Act
- Represented real estate investment firm in L.A. District Attorney investigation into real estate fraud
- Represented individuals and entities in investigations relating to the use of funds at charter schools
- Successful defense at arbitration of high-profile venture capitalist accused of fraud and breach of contract relating to the acquisition of a popular social networking website
- Obtained successful settlements on behalf of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences for intellectual property infringement of Oscar©
- Represented hotel industry employees in a high-profile litigation into theft of trade secrets
- Obtained favorable resolution for telecommunications company at international arbitration (ICC)
- Obtained summary judgment on behalf of City claiming multiple False Claims Act violations by former developers
- Represented energy company at multiple mediations relating to damages caused by the San Diego wildfires
- Successfully defended appeal brought against a City at the California Court of Appeal
- Represent filming equipment company in breach of contract and fraud case
- Defense of hospital owner accused of wide ranging multi-million dollar kickback scheme
- Represented hospital in City Attorney investigation into “patient dumping”
- Defense of pain management doctor accused of distribution of controlled substances
- Defense of Director of Nursing at skilled nursing facility against charges of elder abuse brought by the Cal. Attorney General
- Represented women’s non-profit healthcare provider in obtaining denial of writ of certiorari by the Supreme Court of the United States
- Multiple representations on behalf of hospitals, healthcare companies and healthcare industry professionals accused of False Claims Act violations
- Multiple representations on behalf of pharmacies and other healthcare providers at administrative hearings related to licensing and government payor insurance
- UCLA School of Law, J.D.
- Purdue University, B.A. – Telecommunication and Psychology
- University of Delaware, M.A. – Mass Communication
January 17, 2013
Michael Zweiback is a co-founder of the firm and has significant experience in white collar criminal defense, complex commercial litigation and trial practice in state and federal courts across the country. Michael has also litigated complex commercial disputes in international arbitration forums. Michael is a former big law partner and multiple practice group leader across a broad range of practice disciplines including, Cyber Security and Privacy, National Security and Digital Crimes, and Government Investigations and Trial Practice.
Michael formerly served as an Assistant U.S. Attorney in the Central District of California and was Chief of the Cyber & Intellectual Property Crimes Section where he investigated and prosecuted cyber related crimes including computer intrusions, privacy related offenses and the theft of intellectual property and trade secrets. Michael served as a principal advisor to the U.S. Attorney General’s Advisory Committee on Cyber Crime. Michael also served as the Deputy Chief of the Terrorism and Organized Crime Section supervising and prosecuting national security investigations.
Michael is currently listed in The Best Lawyers in America in the area of Criminal Defense: White-Collar (2016-2020). He has significant experience defending government investigations on behalf of individuals and corporations in health care, financial services, antitrust, and anticorruption, including the FCPA. He also has significant experience defending against enforcement actions brought by agencies such as the SEC, FTC, as well as State Attorneys’ General in a variety of areas including, alleged violations of various provisions of federal and state data security and privacy laws.
Michael is a frequent commentator in print, radio and television on federal and state criminal matters, data security and national security related matters.
- Represented former Los Angeles County Sheriff Lee Baca in a federal prosecution concerning false statements provided to the FBI.
- Represented a defendant in the “Night Shades” cyber intrusion investigation prosecuted by the United States Attorney’s Office for the Southern District of New York.
- Represented political figure in a public corruption investigation conducted by the District Attorney’s Office Public Integrity Division. No charges were filed.
- Represented a California investment firm in an investigation by the SEC in the Southern District of New York. The investigation was declined for an enforcement action.
- Represented multiple high-net-worth individuals in an investigation by the IRS and DOJ Tax Division for alleged failure to declare overseas investments in European and Israeli financial institutions. The DOJ declined prosecution.
- Represented the former mayor of Rosemead, California, in a bribery and corruption prosecution brought by the U.S. Attorney’s Office and FBI.
- Represented an oncology practice under investigation by the U.S. Attorney’s Office in the Southern District of New York for alleged health care fraud. The investigation was declined with no charges filed.
- Represented a home health care provider in the Southern District of Alabama under investigation by the FBI for alleged fraudulent billings and false claims. The investigation was declined with no charges filed.
- Represented a federal law enforcement agent in an investigation by the IRS for misuse of IRS computer databases, resulting in a declination of all charges.
- Represented a Fortune 500 client in an investigation by multiple California District Attorney’s Offices for alleged violations of California consumer protection laws.
- Represented Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft v. John Does) in various injunction proceedings related to the seizure of malicious internet domains used to operate illegal botnets
- Advising various entities regarding ransomware infections, and data breaches.
- Advised a multinational corporation on EU Safe Harbor issues. Advised online companies on issues involving data aggregation, web crawling and EU privacy rules.
- Advised a California university on issues related to the intrusion of a university sequel database containing student information.
- District of Columbia
- Loyola Marymount University (J.D., 1989)
- University of California, Los Angeles (B.A., 1986)