Erin Perez-Coleman is a co-founder and partner of Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. Erin has successfully litigated in both state and federal courts. Erin focuses her practice on matters involving complex civil litigation, white collar criminal defense and data security issues. She regularly represents individuals and companies in a wide range of litigation matters including healthcare fraud, political corruption, bribery, SEC violations, government investigations, money laundering, and environmental crimes. Erin’s litigation practice also includes successfully carrying out internet enforcement actions against cybercrime and defending companies in data privacy litigation.
Prior to co-founding Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP, Erin was a senior level associate at national defense firms Arent Fox LLP and Alston & Bird LLP. Erin counseled clients at every stage of litigation, from filing or answering the initial complaint to resolution of the matter.
- Represented client in alleged large-scale customs violations investigation and alleged money laundering scheme
- Represented former Sheriff of Los Angeles accused of crimes relating to obstruction of justice and perjury
- Defended jewelers in counterfeit charges brought by Los Angeles District Attorney’s office
- Defended City in SEC litigation relating to alleged fraudulent municipal bond offering
- Defended seafarer accused of violations related to “oil dumping” by U.S. Attorney’s office
- Multiple representations of political officials in state and federal investigations
- Defended mortgage servicers in defense of foreclosure actions (wrongful foreclosure, violations of the California Homeowner Bill of Rights, HAMP)
- Represented Microsoft Corporation (Microsoft v. John Does) in various injunction proceedings for the seizure of internet domains used to operate illegal botnets
- Represented asylum seeker during removal proceedings resulting in relief under the Convention Against Torture Act before the Immigration Court in Los Angeles
- University of California, Santa Barbara, 2007, High Honors
- Pepperdine University School of Law, 2011
- Straus Institute for Dispute Resolution, Certificate, 2011