Amber Hannah is an associate at Zweiback, Fiset & Coleman LLP. Her practice focuses on complex commercial litigation, white collar criminal defense and privacy and data security. She has experience representing corporations and individuals in federal, state and administrative proceedings.
Amber’s practice encompasses many aspects of health care litigation. She provides general risk management and compliance advice to health care facilities and frequently represents health care professionals in criminal prosecutions, false claims investigations and state licensing board proceedings.
She also advises companies regarding risk mitigation in the areas of privacy and cyber security. She has particular experience representing corporations in data breach investigations involving malicious malware attacks, theft by criminal groups and inadvertent data disclosures.
Prior to joining Zwieback, Fiset & Coleman, Amber was an associate at Alston & Bird LLP.
- Represented national mortgage lender in civil investigation by the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau (CFPB).
- Representing global provider of film equipment against consumer’s claims for fraud and breach of contract.
- Representing pharmacist and multiple pharmacies in False Claims investigation.
- Multiple representations of pharmacy personnel in investigations by the California Board of Pharmacy.
- Defended physician accused of distributing controlled substances without a medical purpose.
- Represented health care facility in connection with cyberattack impacting various state data breach and HIPAA privacy laws.
- Led data breach investigation for global provider of business information in connection with intrusion by an organized criminal group.
- Represented national retailer in connection with a sophisticated intrusion by a bad actor, which compromised payment card data and triggered data breach notification laws in over 35 states.
Professional & Community Involvement
- U.S. Department of State Hague Convention Attorney Network
- California Innocence Project, Volunteer Attorney
- John M. Langston Bar Association Corporate Firm Network, Executive Board Member
- Black Women Lawyers Association of Los Angeles
- University of California, Berkeley (J.D., 2015)
- California State University, Los Angeles (B.A., 2010)